Blogshare Courtesy of Hubspot
Content marketing is the process of planning, creating, and sharing content with your target audience. It helps you generate brand awareness, convince customers to take action, and drive revenue.
There are various types of content marketing, like social media and blogs, but new trends and techniques emerge every year that change the ways businesses reach their audiences.
As a marketer, it’s essential to know what your competitors are focusing on, so you can create a strategy and stand out from the crowd. In this post, discover important stats to know about the state of content marketing in 2021 and trends to look out for throughout the year.
Content Marketing Stats to Know
- 47% of buyers view three to five pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep.
- 82% of marketers report actively using content marketing in 2021, up 70% from last year.
- Marketers’ primary goals for running marketing campaigns are brand awareness, increasing sales, and increasing engagement.
- Video is the most commonly used form of content marketing, overtaking blogs and infographics.
- Google’s search algorithms are trying to transcend text to images, voice/podcasts, and videos.
- The top technologies used by B2B organizations to supplement content marketing are analytics tools, social media publishing, and email marketing software.
- The top three organic content distribution channels for B2B marketers are social media channels, email, and website.
Content Marketing Trends to Watch in 2021
1. Video takes center stage.
2. Leveraging multimedia whenever possible.
3. Strategic SEO tactics.
4. Podcasting will grow immensely.
5. Content personalization.
6. Valuable content trumps the quantity of content.
7. Hosting virtual events and webinars.
Stay Up-to-date On Your Industry
It’s always important to stay up-to-date on what is happening in your industry, and being aware of these trends is a way to do so. Should you choose to leverage one of these trends in your marketing strategy, ensure that it’s relevant to your business needs and will help you achieve your goals.